- Current SDSU MSW students interested in the PPS credentials need only file the regular MSW II, SW 750A, Advanced Field Application during February, prior to the fall enrollment. Unless demand is high, current SDSU MSW students will generally be admitted to the credential program. Please contact Amalia Herandez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Post-MSW students – Please follow the application instructions below. Admission is based upon available internship sites. Preference is give to current SDSU MSW students. Official acceptance does not occur until late spring when all current SDSU MSW students have been placed.
Pupil Personnel Services Credential Application Instructions for Post-MSW Students
The application period for Fall 2017 entry opens on October 1, 2016.
1. Submit the CSU Mentor Online Application
by March 1, 2017
- An application fee applies.
- A SDSU “Red ID” number will be assigned which allows tracking of application status.
2. Submit the School of Social Work (SDSU Decision Desk) Online Application
by March 1, 2017
The SDSU Decision Desk application will ask that you upload:
- copies of transcript(s)
Upload transcript documenting your MSW degree coursework.
Upload a resume of your professional experience. Include field experience descriptions.
- statement of purpose
Upload a letter expressing your interest in the Post-MSW PPS program and in the SDSU School of Social Work. Describe changes in your work schedule which will be required in order to fulfill these requirements.
- names and email address of two references
Provide the names and emails for references who will be asked to submit letters of recommendation electronically. At least one must be from a supervisor.
3. Submit Official Test Scores and Official Transcripts to SDSU Graduate Admission
by April 1, 2017
- Have official GRE (and if applicable, TOEFL) test scores sent by ETS directly to SDSU Graduate Admissions (institution code 4682).
- Mail official transcripts from all colleges attended to SDSU Graduate Admissions (Students who attended SDSU need only submit transcripts for work completed since last attendance):
SDSU Graduate Admissions
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
last updated: 8/23/2016