Coordinator, Pupil Personnel Service Credential
- PhD (Social Work), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1985
- MSW, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1977
- BS (Accountancy), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1973
Social work applications of information technology, alcohol abuse prevention, child welfare
Dan Finnegan is an Associate Professor in the School of Social Work at San Diego State University. In recent years he has taught an introductory course on research methods for graduate students and he regularly teaches a course on computer applications for social workers.
- Loughran, H., Hohman, M., and Finnegan, D. (2008) Loughran, H., Hohman, M., & Finnegan, D. (2008). Predictors of role legitimacy and role adequacy of social workers working with substance using clients. . British Journal of Social Work. doi: 10.1093/bjsw/bcn106. : -.
- (2008) Hohman, M., Finnegan, D., & Clapp, J.D. (2008). A concurrent validation study of the Alcohol and Other Drug Identification scale (AODI). .. Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions. (3): 367-379.
- Hohman, M., and Finnegan, D. (2006) A Computer-Assisted Self-Interview (CASI) Assignment in the MSW Classroom. Journal of Technology in Human Services. 24(2-3): 135-147.