Dr. Tom Beers has established a scholarship fund in memory of his wife, Jane Beers, who passed away this past year. Jane was a graduate of our BSW program and always aspired to attend our MSW program. She worked in a variety of social work positions including 24 years at the Armed Services YMCA. Jane also served as field instructor. Jane was never able to return to the Master’s program at SDSU for her MSW but she helped plan this Memorial Scholarship and was very excited about the opportunity to assist students. The scholarship funds will be awarded to first year MSW students who are interested in Direct Practice.
Those who wish to DONATE to the Jane Beers Memorial Scholarship:
- Visit the online giving site
- For the “Designations” field, select “Other Campaign/Initiative“
- In the “Other” field, enter “Jane Beers”
For questions on how to contribute, contact Rebecca Williamson (firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-594-2868).
Those who wish to APPLY FOR the Jane Beers Memorial Scholarship:
- Visit the SDSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship search
- Enter “Social Work” for Major/Credential
- Enter “Graduate” for Class Level
- Select Jane Beers School of Social Work Endowed Scholarship from search results