Current IRSU students will find the handbook, writing resource, travel fund information, and conference calendar here. Please check back often!
Guides and Documents
- IRSU Student Handbook (coming soon)
- Program Milestones (pdf, posted April 20, 2017)
- Qualifying Exam Overview (pdf, posted April 20, 2017)
- Research Journals in Substance Use and Related Topics (pdf, posted October 2016)
- Graduate Writing Resources (pdf, posted October 2016)
- NIH National Institute on Drug Abuse Research Resources
- SDSU Writing Center Workshops
CV and Professional Development
- UCSF Samples for Academic Positions
- The Professor Is In
- Research CV Tips
- Research CV Examples
- SDSU Competitions Portal
Student Travel Funds
Current students in the PhD program may apply for travel funds from either or both universities. To be eligible for at either or both universities, students must be presenting a paper or poster at the conference they wish to attend. Each university has somewhat different procedures for awarding travel funds.
Since students can be eligible to receive one award per year from each university, they may want to consider applying at only one university for a conference and the other university for a different conference within the same year.