The stipend applicant must:
- be an actively enrolled declared social work major, in the junior year of study
- have at least a 2.4 GPA overall in the social work major
- be eligible to enter the field internship in the senior year of the degree program
- be a full-time student during the senior year in which they will receive stipend support
- be completing all requirements of the BASW degree by the following spring from the date of application
- Current staff members of county public social services agencies and employees of the California Department of Social Services (CDSS)
- Applicants who reflect the diverse client populations currently served by public child welfare in California;
- Specific attention to indigenous students committed to tribal and other indigenous organizations serving child welfare involved families;
- Other qualified individuals with demonstrated experience and commitment to careers providing high-quality, culturally responsive practice in public child welfare services.
A SDSU-County Title IV-E Selection Committee will base its awards on submitted applications and interviews with selected candidates.
- The BASW student applies for the BASW Title IV-E stipend in January of the junior year.
- Application forms are available each January from the Title IV-E office, Hepner Hall 144
|Title IV-E Coordinator