- Director: Jennifer Tucker-Tatlow
- Website: Academy For Professional Excellence
The Academy for Professional Excellence was established in 1996 with the mission to provide exceptional learning and development experiences for the transformation of individuals, organizations and communities. Serving over 20,000 health and human service professionals annually, the Academy creates experiences that transform the heart, mind, and practice. The Academy continues to grow with new programs and a diversity of training focused on serving the health and human services community in Southern California and beyond. Academy operations are supported by diversified funding, including grants and contracts from federal, state, and county government entities and from private foundations.
The Academy offers a variety of programs providing workforce development, comprehensive training and learning experiences, organizational support, training-related services, and direct recovery-based services.
Primary Academy Programs:
- Behavioral Health Education & Training Academy (BHETA)
- Leaders in Action (LIA)
- Multidisciplinary Adult Services Training and Evaluation for Results (MASTER)
- Public Child Welfare Training Academy (PCWTA)
- Southern Area Consortium of Human Services (SACHS)
- San Diego/Imperial Geriatric Education Center (SDIGEC)
- Tribal STAR