The School of Social Work offers MSW Information Sessions to assist individuals interested in a masters degree in Social Work with the application process.
Our information sessions will provide information on the application process for all programs to include the Advanced Standing Program, Traditional MSW program and dual degree programs, the review and admission process.
Meetings will be held on campus at SDSU and off campus at the Academy of Excellence in San Diego. We will soon be offering virtual information sessions for applicants who reside out of state or are unable to make one of the in person meetings.
Please be sure to subscribe to our contact list to receive updates on upcoming sessions.
Info sessions for prospective MSW students are held throughout the fall semester:
- September 9, 2019: 9:30 am to 11:00 am (@ Hepner Hall 128)
- September 24, 2019: 9:30 am to 11:00 am (@ Hepner Hall 128 )
- October 9, 2019: 10:30 am to 12:00 pm ( @ Life Sciences North 134)
- Off Campus: October 22nd, 2019: 4:00 pm (@ The Dojo Cafe)
- October 25, 2019: 9:30 am to 11:00 am ( @ Physical Sciences 140)
- November 8, 2019: 10:30 am to 12:00 pm ( @ Physical Sciences 140)
November 21, 2019 : 10:30 am to 12:00pm (@ Hepner Hall 128 )
- NEW ONLINE SESSION! December 6th 12:oopm-1:00pm: MSW Application Q&A with Admissions. Use link to join: meet.google.com/dov-vidt-yaf
- NEW ONLINE SESSION! December 11th 1:00pm-2:00pm: MSW Application Q&A with Admissions. Use link to join: meet.google.com/dov-vidt-yaf
- Application procedures
- Acceptance criteria
- Review process
- GRE and GPA requirements
- Evening classes
- Advanced Standing Program
- 2-year, 3-year Program
- and more!
For sessions held at SDSU, visitors can obtain directions and parking information for the campus by calling (619) 594-6671 or visiting the Aztec Parking Portal.
General MSW Program Info
Applications for the MSW, MSW/MPH, and MSW/JD will be available after October 1, 2018.
The MSW Program accepts new students in the fall of each year. Requirements include:
- BA with a Liberal Arts background
- Three letters of reference
- Personal statement
- Statistics Course
- Experience in human or social services
- GPA of 3.0 and above
- GRE (and TOFEL if applicable)
You may order the SDSU Graduate Bulletin from the Student Resource Center (for a fee): Call (619) 594-2466 or write Catalog Sales, Student Resource Center, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182-0562. The Graduate Bulletin is also available in the bookstore on campus and online here.