The School of Social Work offers MSW Information Sessions to assist individuals interested in a masters degree in Social Work with the application process. Prior to attending the live Q& A sessions with Admissions please review the prospective student handbook and recorded info session. The recorded info session and handbook will provide information on the application process for all programs to include the Advanced Standing Program, Traditional MSW program and dual degree programs, and the review and admission process. The live Q&A sessions provide an opportunity for prospective students to ask follow up questions.
Recorded Info Session
Upcoming Q & A Sessions
Info sessions for prospective MSW students are held throughout the Fall semester online, via Zoom. Please use the following link to RSVP for an Info Session:
To join our online Info Sessions, use the Zoom Link or to call in Dial by your location:
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 959 0999 0738
San Diego Campus Fall Sessions:
- Tuesday, September 6th, 2022 4:30-5:30 PM – ONLINE
- Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 8:30-9:30 AM – ONLINE
- Friday, November 4th, 2022 12-1 PM – ONLINE
Imperial Valley Campus Fall Sessions:
- Monday, September 12th, 2022 4:30-5:30 PM – ONLINE
- Friday, October 7th, 2022, 12:30-1:30 PM – ONLINE (For Imperial County Employees only)
- Friday, October 21st, 2022, 12:30-1:30 PM – ONLINE
Application Submission Q&A (San Diego Campus):
- Tuesday, November 29th, 2022 4:30-5:30 PM- ONLINE
- Friday, December 9th, 2022 12:30-1:30 PM- ONLINE
Application Submission Q&A (Imperial Valley Campus ONLY):
- Wednesday January 25th, 2023 12:30-1:30 PM- ONLINE
- Application procedures
- Acceptance criteria
- Review process
- GRE and GPA requirements
- Evening classes
- Advanced Standing Program
- 2-year, 3-year, and 4-year Program
- and more!
General MSW Program Info
Applications for the MSW, MSW/MPH, and MSW/JD will be available after October 1, 2021.
The MSW Program accepts new students in the fall of each year. Requirements include:
- BA with a Liberal Arts background
- Three letters of reference
- Personal statement
- Statistics Course
- Experience in human or social services
- GPA of 3.0 and above
- TOEFL if applicable and GRE (GRE is not required for MSW and MSW/MPH programs for Fall 2022)
You may order the SDSU Graduate Bulletin from the Student Resource Center (for a fee): Call (619) 594-2466 or write Catalog Sales, Student Resource Center, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182-0562. The Graduate Bulletin is also available in the bookstore on campus and online here.
For MSW admissions questions not answered in the Prospective MSW Student handbook, please email email@example.com.
For more immediate concerns or questions, please visit our MSW Admissions Virtual Front Desk, available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9AM-12PM PST.